February 23, 2012
It's been a busy two months since we started fundraising for the project construction. I'm pleased to report, we've been very successful! Project teams have been combing the Vacaville and Vallejo areas with great results.
And we've had some media attention as well. On Friday February 10th, we had a delivery of all the PVC pipe needed for the project. At the same time we had reporters from the Daily Republic and the Channel 2 Evening News. With youth dressed in their 4-H uniforms unloading the pipe, it made for a great news story! Check out the links at:
Now for the drum roll.... To date the Fairfield, Vacaville, and Vallejo clubs have been able to get donations of:
- All rough grading (Army National Guard).
- All electrical materials and labor (Reyff Electric).
- All PVC pipe, fittings and glue (Bay Valley Plastics).
- All trees, tree stakes and shrubs (El Rancho Nursery and Mid City Nursery).
- Landscaping labor (Greendreams Landscaping - amount to be confirmed)
- Two containers to store materials (Matson Freight Lines).
- Iron work materials and fabrication (Valley Iron and Martins Metal - half - amount to be confirmed)
- Masonry materials (The Brickyard - amount to be confirmed).
- Sponsor Plaques.
- Cash ($1550 to date).
- Yarbrough Family Foundation
- Travis Credit Union
- Steve R. Lynch, DDS
- Bryan C. Scott, DMD, Inc.
- Dennis & Nancy Voss
- Webb's Welding
- Fundraisers at Chevys (Vacaville), Mary's Pizza Shack (Vacaville) and Murillos (Vacaville) will generate more $$$
- Support from Kiwanis (Fairfield), Daily Republic (Fairfield), Channel 2 News (Oakland).
This is a great start. However, we still need:
- Culvert materials.
- Formwork, rebar and concrete.
- Masonry labor.
- Ironwork labor.
- Metal piping, fittings and equipment.
- Plumbing labor.
- Sprinklers & controller.
- Landscape rock and boulders.
- Decomposed granite path and exercise stations (labor and materials).
- Construction staking.
It has been amazing to see the energy our youth have put into getting donations and how quickly/easily we've grown the list of donors/donations. And with the newspaper article last week, awareness in the community is growing. We are well on our way to breaking ground mid-April!
Want to help get donations? Have materials or labor to donate just want to help in some way?
Contact Deb Galway, Volunteer Project Manager at 707.455.8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TV and Newspaper