How to Join Solano County 4-H
Please use the left navigation bar to reach the county enrollment resources.
What 4-H is all about...and how to join
4-H is a non-formal educational youth program, conducted by the University of California Cooperative Extension as authorized by federal and state statutes. In each county, the Local Extension Staff (County Director, 4-H Youth Advisor, and 4-H Program Representative) has the authority to administer the program in accordance with University and Extension policy. The purpose of 4-H is to help young people discover and develop their potential. 4-H encourages young people to set their own goals and make their own plans and decisions.
This helps youth mature and build their self-confidence. By being part of a group, 4-H'ers learn to understand other people and to cooperate with them. These are two basic skills for a happy, useful life.
For more information on how you can become involved in 4-H, please complete this Information Survey.
You must use one of the following Web browsers:
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer (for Windows users)
* Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or newer (for Windows and Apple users)
* Netscape 8.0 or newer (for Windows and Apple users)
* Mozilla Camino 1.5 or newer (for Apple users)
* Apple's Safari is NOT supported
Solano County 4-H
2016-2017 Program Year
YOUTH MEMBERS AND ADULT VOLUNTEERS
Sign your child or yourself up for the Solano County 4-H Program by:
1. Read the Enrollment Information below.
New & Returning Youth Enrollment Information 2016-17 (PDF)
New & Returning Adult Volunteer Enrollment Information 2016-17 (PDF)
2. Find a Solano County 4-H Club in your area. Contact the 4-H Community Club Leader and verify location, date and time of their next meeting. The meetings are held once a month. Let them know you would like to attend one of their meetings to find out more about the program and how to enroll.
3. Attend the next Community Club meeting to complete enrollment forms and pay program fees.
4. Complete Online Enrollment at https://california.4honline.com/ and follow any other club policies for enrollment. (You must have an email account to enroll online.) Please click the link below to see the page listing free email account information.
Free Email Account Information Sheet (PDF)
5. Returning Youth Members and Adult Volunteers please see the 4-H Online enrollment instructional page below.
This instructional page is for Youth Members and Adult Volunteers that have family members already enrolled in 4-H.
Returning Families Online Enrollment Instructions 2016-17 (PDF)
** PROJECTS TO BE UPDATED
AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE **
In an effort to offer 4-H members a greater variety of projects, some volunteers offer their 4-H projects on a countywide basis.
We will continue to manage countywide projects in the same fashion as last year. Countywide projects are associated with the primary club of the leader offering the project.
To enroll in a countywide project:
Parent/guardian goes to https://california.4honline.com and completes the following steps:
- On the clubs tab select the host club and add the club
- Next, on the projects tab:
- Select the host club tied to the countywide project
- Select the countywide project
- Select years in the project
- Click add project
Projects in green are current for the 2016-17 program year.
|Name of Project||Club Name||Project Leader|
|Arts & Crafts: 9-19 yrs||Elmira||Jessica Mauldinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Drama & Theater Arts: 9-19 yrs||Elmira||Jessica Mauldinemail@example.com|
|General Engineering: Primary (5-8 yrs)
|Ornamental Horticulture: 9-19 yrs||Elmira||Tammi Ackermanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Photography: 9-19 yrs||Elmira||Debbie Sloanemail@example.com|
|Arts & Crafts: 9-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Lisa Dagefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clothing & Textiles: 9-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Lisa Dageemail@example.com|
|Goats-Meat: 9-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Daniel Havlinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shooting Sports-Pistol: 14-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Ed Coffeltemail@example.com|
|Shooting Sports-Rifle: 9-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Ed Coffeltfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shooting Sports-Shotgun: 9-19 yrs||Maine Prairie||Ed Coffeltemail@example.com|
|Goats-Dairy: 9-19 yrs||Roving Clovers||Robert Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Guide Dogs: 9-19 yrs||Sherwood Forest||Bridget Stephensemail@example.com|
|Birds-Poultry: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Sarah Anensonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Birds-Poultry: Primary (5-8 yrs)||Tremont||Sarah Anensonemail@example.com|
|Arts & Crafts: Rainbow Loom, 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Arts & Crafts: Rainbow Loom, Primary (5-8 yrs)||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyemail@example.com|
|Cavies: Primary (5-8 yrs)||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Foods-Beginning: Microwave Magic, 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyemail@example.com|
|Foods-Beginning: Microwave Magic, Primary (5-8 yrs)||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rabbits: Primary (5-8 yrs)||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyemail@example.com|
|Service Learning: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Audrey Ritcheyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indoor & Mini Gardens: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Helen Ritcheyemail@example.com|
|Cavies: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Melinda Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rabbits: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Melinda Smithemail@example.com|
|Dog: 9-19 yrs||Tremont||Kelli Wilkersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cattle-Beef: 9-19 yrs||Vaca Valley||Gary Glassemail@example.com|
|Cats: - Solano County 4-H Orphan Kitten Program: 9-19 yrs||Vaca Valley||Vickie Pringlefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Use the link below to access our 4-H Clubs.