Children & Weight Coalition of Solano County
The CHILDREN AND WEIGHT COALITION OF SOLANO COUNTY is an organization that began to form in the fall of 2001. Individuals from a variety of organizations and agencies came together to develop effective solutions to address the growing epidemic of overweight children. Using the talents of group members and resources of the county and its communities, the group has raised awareness of this public health issue and offered education to communities throughout Solano County.
The mission of the coalition is to improve the health and well-being of children and their families by creating an environment that promotes healthy lifestyles.
In 2003, the coalition was awarded a grant to develop a strategic plan. Eight community forums were held and 450 stakeholders attended and provided data for the Final Strategic Plan. A four-page Children & Weight Executive Summary was also developed. The plan was formally presented to the Solano County Board of Supervisors in June 2004.
The Children and Weight Coalition meets monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month and is open to all interested people. The meetings are held in the Health & Social Services Building at 2101 Courage Drive in Fairfield. Contact co-chairs Diane Metz (email@example.com or 707-421-6792) or Sally Livingston (sklivingRD@aol.com or 707-422-8100) for more information.
Click on the link to view the Children & Weight Brochure with more information about the Children and Weight Coalition of Solano County.
Making a Difference Brochure (English) - updated 3/05
Making a Difference Brochure (Spanish)- updated 3/05
Family Fitness in Solano County
- Fitness Fun for Kids 6-12 Years Old (English)
- Fitness Fun for Kids 6-12 Years Old (Spanish)
- Fitness Fun For Teens (English)
- Fitness Fun for Teens (Spanish)
- Fitness Fun for Families (English)
- Fitness Fun for Families (Spanish)
- Active Play for Kids 1-5 Years Old (Spanish)
- Active Play for Kids 1-5 Years Old (English)
Family and Nutrition Service Publications
- 10 Steps for Parents: Healthy Eating at School & Make Physical Activity Easy (English)
- 10 Steps for Parents: Health Eating at School & Make Physical Activity Easy (Spanish)
- Fun Tips: Using the Dietary Guidelines at Home
- Holiday Tips and Recipes